Saturday, November 10, 2012

A long restless night

About 15 minutes before the field lights went out we all scrambled to find boxes to sleep on and find tables to shelter us from the wind.  As the lights went out we all settled into our perspective places and prepared for what we would hope to be a nice restful night. I soon began to realize about  have 15 minutes into laying down that sleep was not going to be in my plans for the night. The wind was blowing straight through my blanket and the ground provided no warmth at all.  Time began to slowly go by as I tossed and turned trying desperately to find a warm and comfortable place to fall asleep, even it was only for 20 minutes. Around 3 in the morning another student who happend to be sleeping by me noticed that I was cold and offered me his blanket as well. Around 4 after being awoken by the wind we shifted and made sure that the blankets were covering both of us, that way we were both warm.  After finding a comfortable position for the both us we finally dozed off for about a good hour, then the field lights surprised all of  us by coming on at 6.  This night has definitely showed me that being homeless is no joke and that you really want to have friends on the streets because I would not have made through the night  without my friends.
~ Multicultural Ambassador SB

No comments:

Post a Comment