Thursday, November 8, 2012

Hunger & Homeless Night Out - Preparations

As the Office of Diversity and Inclusion prepares for the first Hunger and Homeless Awareness Week, they are offering a night out experience for students, like me, to sleep outside and raise our awareness about shelter and food issues.

How am I preparing?

I am going to find my warmest clothes and try to eat something filling. Already, I am thinking about these two little choices that show I have resources beyond many others. It is a great thing to be able to pull out my winter shoes and know that I can look in my closet as I head out the door.

I am excited. I am a Multicultural Ambassador (read more about this group here: http://www.tarleton.edu/diversity/programs/multicultural-ambassadors.html) and I will be blogging throughout the Night Out event. Please consider showing your support by reading the blog, tweeting (re-tweeting), and helping to raise awareness for food and shelter needs in your neighborhoods.

Read along with my posts -- and please hope that it stays pretty warm tomorrow night!
Twitter: @DiversityTSU   #TarletonDiversity

No comments:

Post a Comment