Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Seeing through the perspective of others

The following post is from Multicultural Ambassador, Macklin. To read more about the Multicultural Ambassadors program go to www.tarleton.edu/diversity.  

I was pleasantly surprised by the academic environment achieved while on this trip. That being said, I really learned a lot. The thing that really struck home hardest occurred on the first day. During a conversation on the first night, it was pointed out to me how I had failed to see the perspective of some people whom are very close to me. At that very moment I realized just how blind I could be to what is around me. What a powerful lesson to let sink into the mind! While that particular moment stuck out to me, the rest of the trip was filled with powerful lessons. There was something to gain just about everywhere we went. I don't feel as though there was a missed opportunity anywhere for personal growth. I'd say the trip was a success.

~Macklin, Multicultural Ambassador 

Spring Break Culture Excursion -San Antonio, TX 


We hope that you will stop by the office (TSC # 21). Also, look for us on social media. Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/TarletonDiversityInclusion and read along with our journeys here on the blog:  http://tarletondiversityinclusion.blogspot.com/ 
You can also see our images on Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/tarletondiversity/ 
Or follow us on Twitter: @DiversityTSU or email us directly at Diversity@Tarleton.edu  

No comments:

Post a Comment